10:30am – Worship Begins
SERMON TODAY – The Time is Now – Living Through Discouragement
“Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the Lord and work. For I am with you.” Haggai 2:4
The two underlying forces of discouragement are:
- Comparison & Lack of Progress
We should never compare our start to someone else’s finish.
We must be cautious of giving more significance to form than function.
We must remind each other of God’s faithfulness and partnership.
Homeless Lunch Volunteer Meeting If you currently serve, or would like to be involved, please meet in Room WC-1 immediately following the service.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT PROGRAMMING STARTS AUGUST 23
- Love Your Tribe Class begins at 6:30 PM. You are invited to bring dinner and visit with friends starting at 5 PM. Please register online at www.fccfm.org for this exciting new opportunity to connect with others in the church.
- DivorceCare Information will be available today at the Stained Glass
Window in the Lobby. Note: This group will start at 6 PM. Childcare provided by request.
- Kids Programming Starts at 6:30 PM. Birth through 5th grade meet in the Education Building. Middle and High School meet in the Student Worship Center.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Thursday, August 24 • Lunch Bunch We will meet at the Olive Garden, located at 1910 NE Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral, at 11:30 AM. Please sign up at the Events Counter so we can save you a seat!
- Sunday, August 27 • Bloodmobile Near the Portico Entrance. Last month, we collectively donated 22 units in the Lee Health Bloodmobile. One unit of blood can contribute to saving 3 lives!
- Sunday, September 3 • Food Truck Rally Under the oak trees, from 5-8 PM. A variety of food and beverages will be here for purchase. Bring your camping chairs and outdoor games (Cornhole boards, etc.) There will be Karaoke, hosted by John Michael.
- Tuesday, September 5 • “Healthy Eating” Join the group for quick and healthy meal ideas you and your family will love. This is a free event with dinner provided, sponsored by Americans for Prosperity. Please RSVP to Phillip
Keeling at email@example.com or 772.205.5003.